- Stink series by Megan McDonald
Stink is the younger brother of Judy Moody and has 4 or 5 books of his own. I read Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker yesterday and laughed out loud in multiple spots. Yes, it was short for me but this was after I abandoned another kid's book earlier in the day because it was boring me to tears. I haven't read any Judy Moody books but I love Stink dearly and so does my son. - Jack Stalwart and the ________
We grabbed the first book in this series last fall while at a large everything-store. My son climbed on the bottom of the cart and started reading. Before we left the store he was nearly finished with it - a decent-length chapter book - so we went back to grab the 2nd one on the way out. I believe he finished both that night. He was hooked. We subsequently ordered the rest and keep the new ones on Amazon pre-order. Jack is a 9(?) year old secret agent and visits a different country and world landmark in each book. In one book he had to rescue England's stolen crown jewels. In another the crime involved the Great Barrier Reef. Jack also has an intriguing list of super-gadgets to help him out. - Melvin Beederman, Superhero
While I haven't read these myself, they grabbed my son's attention and again he devoured a series. Our library only has the first three so we have put in requests for the others but may end up getting them from Amazon first. - Captain Underpants
I have mixed feelings about this series but my son LOVES it. As you may have guessed, potty humor abounds. Of course, some males never outgrow potty humor. The books are silly and are a blend between short chapter books and comic books.
You know... I love the fact that my child is a reader and that he has his own interests. I just wish sometimes he wasn't so stubborn. It seems that if I show him a book/series or recommend it he's automatically turned off.
1 comment:
Thank you for the informative post. Bayard have a new range of books available for ages 6 - 9 and 10 - 12 respectively and can be found by clicking the following links AdventureBoxBooks, DiscoveryBoxBooks
Post a Comment